https://bangla-times.com/
ঢাকাশুক্রবার , ১ মার্চ ২০২৪

The mother went to eat with her two children at the restaurant, the address is the morgue

Staff Reporter
মার্চ ১, ২০২৪ ১০:৫৬ পূর্বাহ্ণ । ১৬৫ জন
Link Copied!

A family died in a fire while eating at a restaurant on Bailey Road in the capital. They are – mother Poppy and her two children Sun Roy (10) and Kullta Roy (12). Talked to their uncle Piyush Poddar in front of Dhaka Medical Morgue on Thursday (February 29) around 2:30 am.

He said that Bhagini Kutta was studying in the sixth standard of Siddheshwari Girls School and College. And Sun Roy studied in the fourth standard of Wills Little Flower School and College. They lived in Malibagh with their parents.


Piyush Poddar also said that he immediately went there on hearing the news of the fire at Bailey Road. Came and saw the restaurant burning. But nowhere to find Poppy, Kuttu and San. After that, he rushed to Dhaka Medical College Hospital morgue at midnight. They found the dead body of Kutalta and San. But there is no trace of Poppy.

At least 45 people, including women and children, died in a terrible fire in a building on Bailey Road in the capital. Several people were injured. They have been admitted to various hospitals including Dhaka Medical, Sheikh Hasina Burn Institute. Most of them are in critical condition.

The fire broke out in a shop on the ground floor shortly after 9:30 pm on Thursday (February 29). Within a moment, the fire spread to all the shops in the building, including Kachchibhai, Khanaz, Ilion on the second floor. Children, women and men all started running here and there to save their lives. 12 units of fire service brought the fire under control after about 2 hours of effort. About 75 people were brought down alive from the building by electric crane. The relatives of the deceased rushed to the emergency department of the hospital after receiving the news.

According to the fire service, the fire started from a shop on the ground floor of the building. The whole building was engulfed in black smoke. So that the loss of life due to breathing problems has increased. The building housed several fast food and restaurants. Most of the victims had gone there for dinner.

Meanwhile, a five-member investigation committee has been formed into the fire incident. Fire Service Director (Operation and Maintenance) Lt. Col. Mohammad Tajul Islam Chowdhury has been made the president. Besides, Deputy Director of Dhaka Division is the member secretary of the committee. Saleh Uddin. Besides, DAD, Senior Station Officer and Warehouse Inspector of the concerned zone have been kept as members of the committee.